Monday, June 13, 2011

My VERY FIRST furniture glazing project

After drooling over the lovely creations at All Things Thrifty, I decided it was time to give furniture glazing a try. My daughter needed a dresser (isn't it sad when your baby's clothes don't fit in tiny baskets anymore?) I found a real gem at an estate sale for $20.

I am sad to admit that the before photos with all the glow-in-the-dark dinosaur stickers are MISSING, but - cest la vie. Here are some photos I took during the process:





I selected a light lavender as the base coat. I also LOVED how the textured wallpaper looked when glazed, so I added this fun pattern to the front of each drawer:




Here's how it looks before the magic of glazing ^ and here is how it looks after:


I apologize for the craptastic pictures, but here is the finished product - not bad for my first rodeo!

And one more:

No comments:

Post a Comment